- ► Mayan figurine factory underneath in Guatemala
- ► 13,500-year-old tomb discovered in China
- ► Upper paleolithic cave art found in the Balkans
- ► New species of human discovered in the Philippines
- ► Ptolemaic-era tomb discovered in Egypt
- ► Four-legged whale fossil found in Peru
- ► Fast food bar unearthed in ancient Pompeii
- ► Ruins of imperial palace gate found in China
- ► 4000-year-old skeleton discovered in England
- ► large Byzantine-era pithos discovered in Turkey
UNESCO Tentative list
A Tentative List is an inventory of those properties which each State Party intends to consider for nomination. States Parties are encouraged to submit their Tentative Lists, properties which they consider to be cultural and/or natural heritage of outstanding universal value and therefore suitable for inscription on the World Heritage List.
The following is a list of UNESCO Tentative Sites in 21 countries.