- ► Mayan figurine factory underneath in Guatemala
- ► 13,500-year-old tomb discovered in China
- ► Upper paleolithic cave art found in the Balkans
- ► New species of human discovered in the Philippines
- ► Ptolemaic-era tomb discovered in Egypt
- ► Four-legged whale fossil found in Peru
- ► Fast food bar unearthed in ancient Pompeii
- ► Ruins of imperial palace gate found in China
- ► 4000-year-old skeleton discovered in England
- ► large Byzantine-era pithos discovered in Turkey
World Heritage Site
A World Heritage Site is a place that is listed by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as being of special cultural or physical significance. The list is maintained by the international World Heritage Programme administered by the UNESCO World Heritage Committee, composed of 21 UNESCO member states which are elected by the General Assembly.
The following is a list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 21 countries.