- ► Rock chambers excavated in Zeugma
- ► Neolithic settlement discovered off the Croatian coast
- ► Ancient statue discovered in Izmir
- ► Ancient ornament discovered in Germany
- ► Mysterious structure discovered in Istanbul
- ► Rock-cut tombs uncovered in Egypt
- ► Ancient ceremonial carriage discovered near Pompeii
- ► Ancient Beer Factory Discovered in Abydos
- ► Roman fort and Ptolemaic temple discovered in Aswan
- ► Roman military headquarters discovered in Serbia
World Heritage Sites
A World Heritage Site is a place that is listed by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as being of special cultural or physical significance. The list is maintained by the international World Heritage Programme administered by the UNESCO World Heritage Committee, composed of 21 UNESCO member states which are elected by the General Assembly.
The following is a list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 24 countries.