- ► 5,000-year-old underground city discovered in Turkey
- ► Gemstone workshop discovered in Kuwait
- ► 2,300-year-old tablet discovered in southern Turkey
- ► New archaeological evidence revealed in Al Ain
- ► 17th Century fort uncovered in Scotland
- ► Byzantine-era historical structure discovered in Turkey
- ► Four families burial uncovered in Poland
- ► 4,400-year-old tomb discovered in Egypt
- ► Remains of 35 ancient Egyptians found in Aswan
- ► Mayan figurine factory underneath in Guatemala
World Heritage Site
A World Heritage Site is a place that is listed by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as being of special cultural or physical significance. The list is maintained by the international World Heritage Programme administered by the UNESCO World Heritage Committee, composed of 21 UNESCO member states which are elected by the General Assembly.
The following is a list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 21 countries.