- ► Mural from 3800 years ago unearthed in Peru
- ► Ancient Egyptian yeasts used to bake modern bread
- ► Urartian burial site unearthed in eastern Turkey
- ► Early Homo Sapiens remains found in Greek cave
- ► Industrial structures discovered in Cyprus
- ► Drought uncovers ancient palace in Iraq
- ► 35-million-year-old fossils discovered in southern Turkey
- ► Roman shipwreck found in Cyprus
- ► Desert-based dinosaur discovered in Brazil
- ► Late Iron Age chariot found in Wales
World Heritage Site
A World Heritage Site is a place that is listed by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as being of special cultural or physical significance. The list is maintained by the international World Heritage Programme administered by the UNESCO World Heritage Committee, composed of 21 UNESCO member states which are elected by the General Assembly.
The following is a list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 21 countries.