- ► Ancient gilded coffin is returned to Egypt
- ► 1000 years old royal tomb found in north China
- ► Largest ancient ruins of distillery discovered in China
- ► Stunning ancient skull discovered in Ethiopia
- ► Mural from 3800 years ago unearthed in Peru
- ► Ancient Egyptian yeasts used to bake modern bread
- ► Urartian burial site unearthed in eastern Turkey
- ► Early Homo Sapiens remains found in Greek cave
- ► Industrial structures discovered in Cyprus
- ► Drought uncovers ancient palace in Iraq
World Heritage Site
A World Heritage Site is a place that is listed by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as being of special cultural or physical significance. The list is maintained by the international World Heritage Programme administered by the UNESCO World Heritage Committee, composed of 21 UNESCO member states which are elected by the General Assembly.
The following is a list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 22 countries.