- ► Alexander the Great statue discovered in Turkey
- ► Neolithic Necklace Reconstructed in Jordan
- ► Thor Hammer Amulet Discovered in Sweden
- ► Evidence of prehistoric hunting discovered in Arabian desert
- ► Ancient settlement discovered in Turkey
- ► Ancient grave unearthed in Slovakia
- ► Medieval prayer beads discovered in Britain
- ► Qing Dynasty tombs discovered in China
- ► Ancient tombs uncovered at the cathedral of Notre Dame
- ► Administrative Centre discovered in Upper Egypt
World Heritage Sites
A World Heritage Site is a place that is listed by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as being of special cultural or physical significance. The list is maintained by the international World Heritage Programme administered by the UNESCO World Heritage Committee, composed of 21 UNESCO member states which are elected by the General Assembly.
The following is a list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 27 countries.