- ► Artifacts Unearthed in Egypt
- ► Communal tombs uncovered in Upper Egypt
- ► Roman catacomb discovered at Saqqara necropolis
- ► Neolithic era temple unearthed in southeastern Turkey
- ► The oldest pearl discovered near Abu Dhabi
- ► Ancient gilded coffin is returned to Egypt
- ► 1000 years old royal tomb found in north China
- ► Largest ancient ruins of distillery discovered in China
- ► Stunning ancient skull discovered in Ethiopia
- ► Mural from 3800 years ago unearthed in Peru
World Heritage Site
A World Heritage Site is a place that is listed by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as being of special cultural or physical significance. The list is maintained by the international World Heritage Programme administered by the UNESCO World Heritage Committee, composed of 21 UNESCO member states which are elected by the General Assembly.
The following is a list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 23 countries.