- ► Thor Hammer Amulet Discovered in Sweden
- ► Evidence of prehistoric hunting discovered in Arabian desert
- ► Ancient settlement discovered in Turkey
- ► Ancient grave unearthed in Slovakia
- ► Medieval prayer beads discovered in Britain
- ► Qing Dynasty tombs discovered in China
- ► Ancient tombs uncovered at the cathedral of Notre Dame
- ► Administrative Centre discovered in Upper Egypt
- ► Rare gold coin discovered in Hungary
- ► Prehistoric Burial Mound Discovered in England
Saint George Monastery or Deir Mar Georges is a historic Greek Orthodox monastery in the village of al-Mishtaya in Homs Governorate in northwestern Syria. Probably the monastery was built over remains of an ancient statue of the god Homerus by the Byzantine Emperor Justinian I sometime in the 5th century. The modern church was rebuilt in 1857 AD.
Weather In Site
Also in Syria
Add Your Comment
The published comments do not represent the opinion of our site, but express the opinion of their publishers. Please Log in to post your comments about St.George’s Monastery.