- ► Qing Dynasty tombs discovered in China
- ► Ancient tombs uncovered at the cathedral of Notre Dame
- ► Administrative Centre discovered in Upper Egypt
- ► Rare gold coin discovered in Hungary
- ► Prehistoric Burial Mound Discovered in England
- ► Remains of a woolly mammoth found in England
- ► Tomb of Ramses II treasurer uncovered in Saqqara
- ► Roman statues excavated in England
- ► Bronze age coffin revealed in in England
- ► Roman bronze handle excavated in England
Saint George Monastery or Deir Mar Georges is a historic Greek Orthodox monastery in the village of al-Mishtaya in Homs Governorate in northwestern Syria. Probably the monastery was built over remains of an ancient statue of the god Homerus by the Byzantine Emperor Justinian I sometime in the 5th century. The modern church was rebuilt in 1857 AD.
Weather In Site
Add Your Comment
The published comments do not represent the opinion of our site, but express the opinion of their publishers. Please Log in to post your comments about St.George’s Monastery.