- ► Ancient ceremonial carriage discovered near Pompeii
- ► Ancient Beer Factory Discovered in Abydos
- ► Roman fort and Ptolemaic temple discovered in Aswan
- ► Roman military headquarters discovered in Serbia
- ► Archaeological discovery at Saqqara necropolis
- ► Ancient female hunter remains discovered in Peru
- ► Ancient Neanderthal tools discovered in Denmark
- ► Intact coffins unearthed in Saqqara Necropolis
- ► Artifacts Unearthed in Egypt
- ► Communal tombs uncovered in Upper Egypt
Saint George Monastery or Deir Mar Georges is a historic Greek Orthodox monastery in the village of al-Mishtaya in Homs Governorate in northwestern Syria. Probably the monastery was built over remains of an ancient statue of the god Homerus by the Byzantine Emperor Justinian I sometime in the 5th century. The modern church was rebuilt in 1857 AD.
Weather In Site
Add Your Comment
The published comments do not represent the opinion of our site, but express the opinion of their publishers. Please Log in to post your comments about St.George’s Monastery.