- ► Alexander the Great statue discovered in Turkey
- ► Neolithic Necklace Reconstructed in Jordan
- ► Thor Hammer Amulet Discovered in Sweden
- ► Evidence of prehistoric hunting discovered in Arabian desert
- ► Ancient settlement discovered in Turkey
- ► Ancient grave unearthed in Slovakia
- ► Medieval prayer beads discovered in Britain
- ► Qing Dynasty tombs discovered in China
- ► Ancient tombs uncovered at the cathedral of Notre Dame
- ► Administrative Centre discovered in Upper Egypt
Barad is a mountainous village located northwest of Aleppo in northern Syria. The village contains several old churches, an ancient monastery, a large public bathhouse, five warehouses, a meeting house, a magistrate's residence, a tetrapylon, two monasteries and a cathedral. Most of these date from the Byzantine period. Barad was inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site as part of Ancient Villages of Northern Syria in 2011.
Elevation: 583 m
Weather In Site
Add Your Comment
The published comments do not represent the opinion of our site, but express the opinion of their publishers. Please Log in to post your comments about Barad.