- ► Ancient tombs uncovered at the cathedral of Notre Dame
- ► Administrative Centre discovered in Upper Egypt
- ► Rare gold coin discovered in Hungary
- ► Prehistoric Burial Mound Discovered in England
- ► Remains of a woolly mammoth found in England
- ► Tomb of Ramses II treasurer uncovered in Saqqara
- ► Roman statues excavated in England
- ► Bronze age coffin revealed in in England
- ► Roman bronze handle excavated in England
- ► Road and Roman canal unearthed in Netherlands
Barad is a mountainous village located northwest of Aleppo in northern Syria. The village contains several old churches, an ancient monastery, a large public bathhouse, five warehouses, a meeting house, a magistrate's residence, a tetrapylon, two monasteries and a cathedral. Most of these date from the Byzantine period. Barad was inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site as part of Ancient Villages of Northern Syria in 2011.
Weather In Site
Add Your Comment
The published comments do not represent the opinion of our site, but express the opinion of their publishers. Please Log in to post your comments about Barad.