- ► Artifacts Unearthed in Egypt
- ► Communal tombs uncovered in Upper Egypt
- ► Roman catacomb discovered at Saqqara necropolis
- ► Neolithic era temple unearthed in southeastern Turkey
- ► The oldest pearl discovered near Abu Dhabi
- ► Ancient gilded coffin is returned to Egypt
- ► 1000 years old royal tomb found in north China
- ► Largest ancient ruins of distillery discovered in China
- ► Stunning ancient skull discovered in Ethiopia
- ► Mural from 3800 years ago unearthed in Peru
Barad is a mountainous village located northwest of Aleppo in northern Syria. The area contains several old churches, an ancient monastery, a large public bathhouse, five warehouses, meeting house, a magistrate's residence, a tetrapylon, two monasteries and a cathedral. Most of these date from the Byzantine period. Barad was inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site as part of Ancient Villages of Northern Syria in 2011.
Weather In Site
Add Your Comment
The published comments do not represent the opinion of our site, but express the opinion of their publishers. Please Log in to post your comments about Barad.