- ► Ancient ceremonial carriage discovered near Pompeii
- ► Ancient Beer Factory Discovered in Abydos
- ► Roman fort and Ptolemaic temple discovered in Aswan
- ► Roman military headquarters discovered in Serbia
- ► Archaeological discovery at Saqqara necropolis
- ► Ancient female hunter remains discovered in Peru
- ► Ancient Neanderthal tools discovered in Denmark
- ► Intact coffins unearthed in Saqqara Necropolis
- ► Artifacts Unearthed in Egypt
- ► Communal tombs uncovered in Upper Egypt
Barad is a mountainous village located northwest of Aleppo in northern Syria. The village contains several old churches, an ancient monastery, a large public bathhouse, five warehouses, a meeting house, a magistrate's residence, a tetrapylon, two monasteries and a cathedral. Most of these date from the Byzantine period. Barad was inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site as part of Ancient Villages of Northern Syria in 2011.
Weather In Site
Add Your Comment
The published comments do not represent the opinion of our site, but express the opinion of their publishers. Please Log in to post your comments about Barad.